Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Family Reunion!

This past weekend was my side of the family's reunion (the Ozminski reunion....and yes, I was thisclose to being stuck with that name). We have one every other year and switch out where we have it. This year it was in St. George. Back in February, I was volunteered to be in charge of the entire reunion this year. Why, you ask? Because we missed a month of Family Home Evening at my grandma's house, and since we weren't there, we were nominated. Nevermind the fact that we missed it because I was having MORNING SICKNESS and could barely get out of bed....no excuses in this family. :) My cousin, Stephanie, has a timeshare and had enough points or whatever saved up that we could use the timeshare and just have to pay a cleaning fee for each room. SWEET!! We headed down early Friday morning and made a side stop in Fillmore to see our friends and let the kiddos run around. After that, we continued on our LONG drive (the laptop with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse saved us) and got there just in time to get everything started for dinner. I reserved a park and we B-B-Qued and let the kids run wild on the playground (that was covered! Shade=heaven). I didn't get any pictures of this because I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
There were enough rooms that we ended up being able to have our own. We weren't the only ones, but Shane asked me, "You think we deserve to have our own room?"

Um, YES I DO!

I planned this whole dang thing, we have TWO toddlers, AND I am preggo!!
There were two rooms, one was the master with a king sized bed and a master bath with a jetted tub, and the other room had a queen bed (and there was also another full bathroom that became the kid's bathroom). The rooms both had BIG walk-in closets, so, unfortunately for Lexi, that is where her pack-n-play went so that she could still have the peace and quiet of her own room.

She seriously LOVED our king sized bed.

It made me feel really bad to have to put her in here every night:

It really is bigger than it looks here, but I still felt bad putting her in the pack-n-play. It can't be as comfy as a mattress. Lexi was SUPER glad to see her crib when we got back on Sunday. :)

Kaden's bed. Yup, we brought his Thomas the Tank blanket and pillowcase. And he did GREAT sleeping! I was worried since his toddler bed has little rails, but he never fell off the queen bed. He wasn't too happy about going back to his tiny toddler bed. :)

My boys relaxing while watching "The Incredible Mr. Limpet."

Saturday morning, after a delicious pancake/eggs/bacon breakfast, we all headed over to the Fiesta Fun Center! There was a ton to do there, but we stuck close to where there was A/C. :) My mom found out that kids 3 and under were free for mini-golfing, so Shane and I just helped them and didn't bother getting our own clubs. I loved not having to golf and just took pictures.

Shane showing Kaden where the ball goes.

Lexi got her very own Lexi-sized club. :)

She didn't care about golfing at all (that's my girl), but she had tons of fun walking around saying hi to random people.

Shane helping Kaden. What a cute father/son moment! :D

Kaden got so into golfing. He loved every minute and did not want to stop. The nice lady even let him keep his red ball (it was actually fuchsia, but Kaden called it red, so we'll go with that).
After that, we headed inside to the "soft play" area (which we found out that our kids also were free for that! SWEET!!)

I think Shane was more excited about it than Kaden. ;)

The baby next to Lexi is my cousin's little girl, Sophie. Sophie is a year younger than Lexi and weighs 3 lbs less and is the same height as her. Yup. Sad for Lexi. Lexi was obsessed with Sophie the whole trip. She just LOVES babies! Good thing, right?

Lexi was trying to feed Sophie her bottle.

I'll have to explain this next picture. My uncle Aaron always, ALWAYS brings deviled eggs to Christmas dinner at my grandma's house. When we had my mom's surprise party last month, I was pressed on time and asked him to make deviled eggs when he got to my house. For some reason, now he is known as the official deviled egg maker. There were about 2 dozen eggs left over from breakfast, so we boiled them up and let Aaron know he was in charge of making deviled eggs for dinner. :)

(Clockwise from the left: my Aunt Ellie, Uncle Aaron, Aunt Kathy, and cousin Stephanie) They all helped peel the eggs. :)

Putting on the finishing touch of paprika. The master at work.

While everyone else was in the pool (my kids hate pools and I wasn't going to fight them on it when I feel look like an albino whale), Kaden and Lexi took great naps, then Ellie saved the day with her computer since the only show Kaden wanted to watch was Super Why. They were both glued. :)

Then Kaden grabbed a towel that was on the couch by him, arranged a pillow, and said, "Nigh-night mom," turned over, and pretended to sleep. hahaha Of course, Lexi wanted the towel within seconds.....ah the joys of toddlers.

After dinner, we had a talent show. For those of you wondering, no I did not participate. I got out of it because 1) I planned the whole reunion dang it! and 2) I'm pregnant. Plus, apparently my talents are making babies and pushing them out really fast....and for some reason no one wanted to see either of those.

My mom and her twin sister, Debbie, singing.

To keep Kaden quiet, I let him steal the camera for a bit. My mom was sitting close to us and he kept saying, "CHEESE, GRANDMA!!!" And would take her picture. Here is one that he took:

My cousin Stephanie, baby Sophie and big girl Lexi! :)

After another good night's sleep (thank you Children's Benedryl!....Lexi has never slept through the night away from her crib, so I asked her doctor about it and she said to drug her. It totally worked!), we had a yummy breakfast and said bye to everyone for another two years....or one month, depending on who it was.

This is my 8 year old cousin, Rachel. Lexi LOVED her and Rachel loved Lexi, too. There are 8 (no, really, EIGHT) kids in Rachel's family, but she's the youngest and has always wanted a younger sibling. Rachel seriously carried Lexi around like that the whole time. I'm pretty sure Lexi weighed the same as Rachel. And LOOK at her LONG hair! I hope Lexi's grows that long someday (although with curls it might be a pain in the butt to maintain). Anyway, Rachel told her mom (my Aunt Kathy) that they were taking Lexi home. Kathy (super mom who has had EIGHT KIDS! Including TWINS) was like, "okay great!!" hahaha

We didn't stop on the way home and the kids slept right from the start (we left right at nap time). But after they woke up, we drove another two hours and Lexi had had enough of the car. She hates car rides that last more than 15 minutes. For real. I kept giving her licorice, but she was still screaming. Shane said we should stop at In-N-Out for dinner and to let the kids run around, then he remembered it was Sunday and said nevermind. I (being the devil child) told him that he can't take back In-N-Out from a pregnant woman and the kids really needed a break. We got to Draper and, literally, as he was pulling into the parking spot, I heard Lexi puke. I looked back, saw it, then said, "Oh man, Lexi just threw up," and started putting together a game plan of how to clean everything up as fast as possible. Shane put the car in park (thankfully), turned around to see Lexi, saw the puke, started dry heaving, and BARELY made it out of the car before HE puked! I was laughing so hard at him. He was like, "Um, hello? I just THREW UP!" He wanted sympathy that SO wasn't coming. I said, "Yup, so did your daughter, but SHE didn't make it out of the car. Go inside and get me some paper towels." I'm a super nice wife. ;)
45 minutes later, Lexi was changed and clean (which Shane did and didn't puke again) and the car seat was as clean as it would get without putting it in the washing machine. I told Shane he was still buying me In-N-Out. His response? "You can EAT after that??"
Actually, all I wanted was a chocolate shake. :) And we got fries for the kids.

Mmmmmmm. Delicious!! I thought we were being cursed for going out on a Sunday. Shane thought we were totally blessed that she didn't puke sooner (like while he was driving on the freeway). I'll go with his assumption that it was a blessing. :)
Five minutes after we were back on the road, Shane spilled a MASSIVE bag of Skittles ALL. OVER. the car. We started laughing and he said, "Well, the fries were falling, so I was trying to save them!" LOL At least he has his priorities straight.
All in all, it was a great weekend and made me feel like someday we actually might be able to go on real vacations again!! YAY!!

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Way to organize an awesome reunion. It looks and sounds like you had a good time (minus the puke). Be careful, if you do too good of a job they will put you in charge every year.

About Our Family