Friday, July 9, 2010

Trying to rest...

So, because of low amniotic fluid and dehydration, I have been having contractions (not braxton hicks, like full on, PAINFUL contractions) since about 10 weeks along. It has gotten worse and worse, so my midwife, Kathy, put me on "unofficial" bed rest. "Unofficial" because she knows me and knows that she can say I'm on bed rest, but that won't change the fact that I have two toddlers to take care of 24/7. So, it's just kind of a sit-on-the-couch-and-don't-get-up-unless-you-absolutely-have-to bed rest. She has threatened to make it a full-on bed rest if I am not good about this. So I really am trying to be. But there's so much housework to do!

Anyway, Shane has been awesome and really stepped up through all of this. He is adorable when he gets all stressed out because I did a load of dishes while he was at work or school. :) I have learned a lot about how Shane thinks this past few weeks. Most of it bugs me.
Examples:
-He thinks children only need baths once a week. Tops.
-He thinks kids only need one or maybe two toys to play with all day. He came home from work one day and said, "Why are all these toys out?! I JUST put them away yesterday!"
Welcome to my world, hon. ;)
-He doesn't want me to cook (just because I would be on my feet-not because of my cooking skills) and thinks we can survive off of hot dogs for the next two months (since that's all he can cook....and even then he struggles. Seriously.).
-He thinks the kids get along perfectly all day.

He has been learning a lot about what exactly I do while he's at work (or used to do), and it's been good for him. :) He has been such a sweetheart, though. There was one day last week when my contractions were horrible and I was exhausted and the kids were being total butts (or maybe they just seemed worse because I was in so much pain). I called him at work, sobbing, and not only was he home ten minutes later making me take a nap, but he had taken half the day off of work the next day as well. :) I love my honey.

I've decided to make quiet books for the kiddos for church or long car rides or whatever. It will take a while (hopefully), so Shane is hoping that will keep me busy and stop calling him every 15 minutes to see what he's doing cause I'm so bored. We have to go buy the stuff for it (which will happen sometime in the next week...hopefully Saturday or Monday), then I can get started. I will be sure to post the finished projects when I'm done. :)

Until I get started on the books, though, I'm still super bored. So, just a request, would you guys mind updating your blogs about 30 times a day?? Or emailing me random stories. Whichever you prefer. I'm not picky. :D


P.S. If anyone wants to bring me cheesecake, I will love you forever and ever.

3 comments:

Erin said...

You're so cute! I'm not on bed rest but there are some people I really wish would update their blog more often, haha I am SUCH a stalker :)
I tried getting an appointment with Dr. Fil_____ (G-rated blog) and she was booked out 2 months so I called all my nursing friends and found a Dr that I SUPER excited about - Dr. Jiricko - she was also booked 2 months out but when they found out how far along I was they put me on hold for 30 minutes to SQUEEZE ME IN, appt in 2 weeks - I LOVE them already!!!!

Good luck with the whole couch rest thing...
OH - and DRINK some WATER!!!!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Bed rest? I would have never known. You know, that implies that you should slow it down a bit. :) I should make cheesecake on our craft day. That made me laugh about Shane, especially the comment about why all the toys where out. lol

Take care of yourself and the baby!

The Boehme Family said...

I updated my blog just for you (or at least you can pretend that). Now you have something to read for a little while.

About Our Family