Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Judge not...

Growing up as a Mormon Latter-Day Saint, I was taught that coffee was BAD and you'll pretty much go straight to you-know-where if you ever drink it.  When I was older (mid-teens), I heard a lot about Starbucks and saw it in the movies, but all I knew was it was a coffee shop.

When I moved to California right after graduating high school, I was really surprised that the LDS kids (teens and early 20's) would go to Starbucks (and, P.S., they have Starbucks on every corner there....just like we do with LDS meeting houses here).  There would be study groups and just hanging out and relaxing there.  

And guess what, Dad, no one ever forced me to buy and/or drink coffee. ;)

BUT, what I think everyone in Utah should know is that Starbucks has HANDS DOWN the BEST hot chocolate I've ever had in my life.

For real.

I really can't say enough good things about Starbucks.  Every time I go there (it isn't as often as I'd like since, yes, it's a little pricey), the workers are always SO, SO friendly and it's such a relaxed, calming atmosphere.  No one cares if you sit and do absolutely nothing while drinking your beverage of choice. You are not rushed out the door to make room for more people.  The music is soft and welcoming and you get all warm and fuzzy just walking in.  :)

I went there a couple of weeks ago and thought that there might be some people who read my blog who have never been to this magical place.  So, I thought I'd give you a tour!

Couches to sit and relax.

Study groups are perfect for these spots....plus they have free WiFi!

These are hard to see, but they are games!  Yes, you are encouraged to just hang out!

My beloved Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate.  Oh yummmm....
For those of you not wanting coffee, not only do they have amazing hot chocolate, but also a Steamed Caramel Apple Spice that I'm told is delicious.  
(I've never tried it because I don't believe fruit should ever be warm.  EVER.)  

So, anyway, I hope I've made someone out there curious enough to want to give Starbucks a chance. You won't be sorry.  :D

3 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I have heard that the hot chocolate is good there but I've never been. Mostly because I've also heard it's expensive and I'm cheap. :) Maybe I will have to splurge sometime with you.

Emily Hurtado said...

Bleh. Jared and I did NOT like their hot chocolate. Glad you like it though. Honestly, I love 7-11's hot chocolate.

The Boehme Family said...

I totally agree on the warm fruit. Ick. I've never been to Starbucks.

About Our Family