Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Six years

*warning: this post will be mushy and gushy*

Six and a half years ago, Shane and I met at a single's ward activity.  From the first moment I saw his "soul patch," I was in love and wanted to kiss his big 'ole lips.  :)  He is so much more of a man than I ever, ever thought I would end up with.  When he proposed 3 1/2  months later on Christmas Eve, it literally took me ten minutes to get over the shock and say, "YES!" because I never believed someone as amazing as him would want to spend FOREVER with me.  I've told him all the time for the last six years that he is STUCK with me and I'm not letting him go.  :)  SUCKER!  hahaha

I really can't even express just how much I love this man and, as cheesy as it sounds, I truly fall more and more in love with him every day.  He is such an amazing husband and father.  I don't think there is anything in the world more attractive than watching a man with his kids.  I love how protective he is of his little girls and how he wants the best for all of our kids.

Shane is so good to me and spoils the heck outta me.  :)  We are in such a different place now than we were six years ago, but it's a great place to be.  We've gotten to know each other and have definitely grown with each other more than either of us ever thought we would.  Challenges bring out the best in us and bring us closer together.

Since we knew our anniversary would fall on a weekday, we celebrated this past Saturday.  Our initial plans fell through, but that's what's so great about Shane-he's so laid back and just rolls with the punches.  We ended up going to Red Robin (with the kids) for dinner, then ditching the kids with my mom (THANKS MOMMY!) and went to the Melting Pot for dessert.
Just to explain the Red Robin choice, we went to Red Robin on our honeymoon (before we left on our cruise) and every year since then we've made sure to go back.  We were going to go to Tempanyaki's, but that fell through and we ended up back at RR.  We should know better than to ever plan something else for our anniversary.  ;)  





6 comments:

Mackenzie Bailey said...

You guys are great! I can't imagine either of you without the other. You truly do make each other complete:) Congrats on the 6th year!

Christy said...

YAY :D !! Happy Anniversary and we're happy you two found each other 6 1/2 years ago. :)

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Happy Anniversary!! The Melting Pot looks delicious. You two make a cute couple!

Jamee said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

hoLLY said...

aww..cute! happy anniversary!

Shea Nicole said...

Lovin the Mushy! :D Happy be-lated anniversary! mwah!

About Our Family