Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pet peeve

One of my all-time biggest pet peeves is when people are late and they don't call. This has bugged me for as long as I can remember.  My first boyfriend learned very quickly to call if he was even going to be five minutes late (no joke) and let me know.  I don't care if it's a lame reason (like you were doing your makeup), but I just need to know that you aren't dead in a ditch somewhere and that's why you're late. 

It's all cause I care.  ;)

Anyway, we had a guy come yesterday to give us a bid to install central air.  He was supposed to be here at 11:00 AM.  By 11:08-I was annoyed.  Professionals should not be late.  I looked out the window for the umpteenth time and commented to myself, "He is SO late!"  
He pulled up at 11:10. 

Wanna guess what the first thing was that Kaden said to him when he walked through the door?
"You are SOOOO late!!"

Ohmyheck I was so embarrassed!

I tried to play it off like, "Oh silly kids," but the guy knew that kids are just the mouthpiece for their parents.  He apologized and explained that he thought we were above Harrison rather than below it and had gotten lost.

For the record-he was very nice.  :)

4 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

What about people who don't call and just show up... like me today. :) Thanks for watching my kiddos.

Emily Hurtado said...

That is so funny that Kaden said that!! Halle won't even speak to strangers, so I think I'm okay on her not repeating any mean comments.

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Leave it to kids to say the things we don't - LOL. I like it sometimes too though - at least it gets said some way;)

Christy said...

haha your so awesome.

About Our Family