Saturday, November 12, 2011

Girl's night!

On Thursday, I met up with my friends Kenzie and Yuki for an overnight stay in Park City WITHOUT any children!  WOO!  haha

We ran to Smith's and all kind of had this surreal moment of "oh my gosh I'm in a grocery store without any kids!"  :)  It was a really fun stay and so good to catch up with my girls.

Making dinner!

Yuki made us Cafe Rio's pork salads!  SO good!
We ate dinner, had some fondue, then relaxed on Yuki's bed.

Girl talk!

We had a discussion about how white I am.  hahaha

This is the evil eye poor Chad must get when he ticks Kenz off.  ;)
Kenzie is due in April!  Isn't she just the cutest preggo lady?!
(I got a really cute picture of Yuki, but sadly it was somehow deleted.)  :(  I swear computers hate me.

After chatting for a couple of hours, it was around 11:00 and we decided to watch a movie.  Kenzie made us some amazingly delicious artichoke dip and Yuki and I tried not to lick the bowl clean.

I told Kenzie if she kept giving me the evil eye, people who read my blog are going to think she's an ornery pregnant lady.

There's a smile!  ;)

Yuki crocheting by the fire.  The condo was so nice and cozy.
After the movie (Mao's Last Dancer, in case you're interested), we got ready for bed, and then talked some more on Yuki's bed until almost 3:00 AM.  :)  We crawled into our beds and then Kenzie woke me up at 6:30 saying my alarm was going off.  I was like, "I didn't even bring my phone!"  She said, "Oh yeah."  hahahahaha  Yuki got up and turned her phone off, so then we were all awake.  :)

We got up and went to breakfast in our p.j.'s.  Did you know Park City doesn't have an IHOP or Denny's??  How crazy weird is that?  So, we went to this bagel place instead.  After that, we went back to the condo, talked for another hour or so (Shane was like, "What could you possibly have to say for that long???"  Clearly, he doesn't understand women.), and then got ready for the day.  We headed to the outlet stores (which were a whole 30 seconds away from the condo) and shopped for a few hours.  :)  It was SO, SO good to have Kenzie and Yuki with me to get a GIRL'S opinion on clothing!!!  I didn't realize how annoying it is to shop with Shane (love you honey!), but he is not a good shopper-helper because he has waaay too many opinions.  ;)

Anyway, we headed our separate ways after lots of shopping and talking.  :)  It was a great weekend and so fun to see them without interruptions (aka: children).

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

SOOOOOOoooo fun! You needed a girls night out. It looks like it was perfect.

About Our Family