Saturday, November 26, 2011

Not home

I should never leave the house.

Bad things always happen when I'm gone and Shane's watching the kids.

Yesterday, for example, I walked in the door and Ari was screaming in Shane's arms.  He quickly told me that he'd left her on the couch, left, and then she fell off (big surprise...).  I comforted her (she was fine) and Kaden came  up to me and said, "Mom, you can't hurt her!"

I told him, "Hey, it wasn't me!  It was dad!"
(Insert Shane in the background: "HEY!"  hahahaha)

Kaden said, "But, mom, we can't hurt baby Ari.  We got her from the doctor!"

Confused, I tried to clarify what he meant, "We got baby Ari from the doctor??"

Kaden, "Yes.  We just went to the doctor and she gave us a baby. So we can't hit her."

Now I know how to answer the "where do babies come from" question!  WOO!

If only it were that easy...  ;)

(And, yes, we've been working with Kaden on the "no hitting" thing lately, which is why he pointed out that we can't hit.)

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

At least you won't have to answer the, "where babies come from..." question for awhile. :)

Suzanna said...

But if you never left you wouldn't have all these stories to tell us! :) And, gotta love kids' logic.

About Our Family