Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Learning from the past

When I was little (maybe 7 or 8), I remember putting some hot dogs on the stove to cook...and then forgetting about them.  My dad was pissed (as was typical of him) and sent us (my sisters and I) outside to play until the smoke and smell cleared out.  We were outside for HOURS.  And it still smelled horrible when we went back inside.  Yuck.

Now, I make fun of Shane all. the. time. about his bad cooking.  
But!  I have to admit, at least he's never done anything like that.

*cough*

I just did, though.


Yummy

Yeah.

That was me.

I'm so freaking awesome.

And the worst part? 
(Besides the crazy smoky house and that horrible smell...)

Those were the last two hot dogs.  And Kaden is begging me for a hot dog for lunch.  :(

Yet another reason we need a second car!  ;)

Good thing I just read this morning on Pinterest that all you have to do is boil orange peels with some cinnamon and it will make your house smell divine.  Shane will never have to know about this (if I can bribe the kids to not tell him about the smoke detectors going off and scaring them (and me) half to death).

On second thought, maybe I should stay away from the stove for a while.  ;)

3 comments:

Emily Hurtado said...

Who cooks hotdogs on the stove?? Why not just wrap them in a papertowel and heat them in the microwave. Oh wait, I think you told me, then you think that everything thereafter cooked in the microwave will taste like hotdogs. (Weirdo.) So, maybe boil them in a pot on the stove? That's still more normal than your method.

The Porter Family said...

hahahaha I DO cook them in a pot on the stove! But if you leave it too long, the water all evaporates and then scorches the hot dogs. I actually didn't know you could cook hot dogs in the microwave. Really?? But now I am thinking about everything tasting like hot dogs after that.... haha

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

At least you found a way to freshen up the house. HAha!

About Our Family