Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

The morning of Christmas Eve was spent baking, baking, BAKING!  I learned that no matter how "heat resistant" a plastic spoon says it is, it LIES!  (I'll explain in another post.)  After Ari took her first nap, we headed over to my dad's house for what we were told would be "finger foods" and presents.  Apparently, to my dad, "finger foods" means anything involving chocolate.  They put out some meatballs, too, so that there would be something there with a little substance.  ;)


Lexi went over to the tree and decided which present she wanted.  It didn't matter whose name was on it.  :)

Caught!  Ari was sneaking everyone's cookies when they were busy with their new toys and gadgets.  haha

These girls are my step-sisters.  Becca is on the left in pink and that's Jessica chowing down.  haha  I needed a blackmail pic.  ;)
Ari loves her new elephant ball popper toy!  I think she'll enjoy it even more when we get batteries for it.
We headed to Shane's parent's house straight from my dad's house.

After chowing down, we played some games.


Santa!

Check out how much frosting was on these bad boys!  DANG GINA!  We didn't have any and I'm glad because I'm fairly sure the kids would have gone into sugar comas.  ;)
 Lately Lexi has been very into showing you all the emotions she knows.  While we were there, I had her show off to the Porter side of the family.  She is so hilarious.  And now I present: the many faces of Lexi:

MAD!

HAPPY!

SAD...

And mad again because she's just so stinkin' cute when she's mad.
She has to do these one after the other and thinks she's so funny...which she is.  ;)

More games.  This is Shane's sister, Val, trying to open a present with oven mitts on. The game was a copy of what we played at the Porter Christmas party, but with less to put on this time.
After the games, it was present time!


Can't have too much dress up stuff!  :D
Kaden's gift was a Kinect game he's been wanting.
This is a really cool book that sings and makes noises.  Ari, Kaden, and Lexi all love it.  haha
It was late when we left their house, but I still wanted the kids to open their Christmas Eve presents when we got home.

Ari was less than thrilled with her pajamas.

Lexi loved them!

Kaden was super excited about his BUZZ pajamas!

Being shy...

Matching Minnie p.j.'s!
And after a long, fun day, everyone headed to bed so that Santa could come!

I'll post about Christmas day tomorrow (or later today).  
I've got to go catch up on housework.  Yay for me.  ;)

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Cute PJ's. Lexi looks so grown up in all the pictures. Looks like you had a good time.

About Our Family