Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas!!

The kids woke up bright and early (okay, their usual time at 7:00) and found out that Santa came!  Woo!

Santa found these cutie patootie little guys--they were great to help keep the stockings straight (as far as whose was whose).

Shane loves having his picture taken early in the morning.

A BUZZ LIGHTYEAR COMPUTER!

A PRINCESS COMPUTER!

And Santa brought Ari a fun sounds and shapes computer.
After presents, I made a yummy breakfast (it was a cinnamon bun sticky ring thing that's been all over Pinterest and it was SO good!), then everyone got ready and we headed to my mom's house.  I was a little too busy there to take any pictures, but it was still fun.  :)  After presents there, we headed to my grandma's house for Christmas dinner.  It was delicious, as always, and fun to spend time with family.

We had to leave a little early because we were heading to Bear Lake that evening!
A friend of ours from the ward texted me on Friday (the day before Christmas Eve) and was like, "So, can you come to our condo?"  I was really confused and asked her if she sent that text to the wrong person.  She wrote back saying something like, "Of course not!  Didn't you get my email two weeks ago?"

Uh---no.

Anyway, she (Conni) told me that she and her family would all be up at Bear Lake from the 23rd to the 30th and we were welcome to come up and stay as long as we can.  Since Shane just started this new job, he doesn't have time off yet, but he did have Monday (the 26th) off.  I told Conni we would just head up early Monday morning, but she said to just come late Sunday after we were done with all of our family stuff and that way we would have all day Monday to play!

Since it was dark by the time we headed up, I had to drive.  I hate driving through canyons even in the daytime, so I knew it would take us a while.  Thankfully, though, the weather was fine so the roads were dry (and basically empty) and the canyons weren't bad at all.  We got to their condo (it was a timeshare that her family has had for years and years) around 8:30 PM (I thought we'd be there at 10:00, so it was perfect).  The kids played and played and wore themselves out for Monday!  :D  I'll post about the rest of Bear Lake later today when the kiddos are all down for naps.  :)

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Fun. I wondered why you went to Bear Lake. The cinnamon bun sounds yummmy. I love how excited Kaden was about his Buzz computer. :)

About Our Family