Friday, December 16, 2011

Skiing

I went visiting teaching this past week.  My companion/partner is out of town for the entire month, so it was just me.  The girl I was visiting, Kelsi, is such a cutie.  I know I've mentioned her before, but I have to tell you what happened.  When I got there, we talked for a while when all of a sudden her hubby came in wearing full ski gear (minus the actual skiis).  Kelsi laughed at my expression and said that he'd been skiing all day.  Automatically, I assumed he'd gone out with some friends.

Kelsi and I kept talking and Josh came in and asked if he could join us.  He sat next to Kelsi and they played footsies (it was seriously adorable) while he told us how the powder was (not very good, by the way, he hit some rocks pretty hard, but of course he was fine because he's "tough").  ;)  Anyway, I asked who he went with and he said,

"My mom."

Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard?!

I was like, "Seriously??"

He said, "Yeah.  It was our mother-son date."

That's honestly the cutest thing I've ever heard a man say (alright, besides Shane--he says some adorable things to and about the kids) and I sincerely hope that when Kaden is older and married, he will still make time for his old momma. 

That's now my goal in life: to be the kind of mom that my kids will want to spend time with when they're all grown up.  *sniff*


2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I think that is a great goal and such a cute idea.

Christy said...

You are such a cutie! They may go through a phase where 'mommy and daddy aren't very cool' , but it will pass - you will always be their 'Momma!' <3

About Our Family