Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lovin' summer!

July has been busy for us, but so much fun! My Aunt Karen (whom I haven't seen in many years) came to visit! Jessica, one of her two daughters, came as well and brought the adorable Sophia (Jessica's little 20 month old girl). They were only here a few days, but we got to see them every day! Sophia was so loving and wanted to hug and kiss Kaden all the time (he didn't mind at first, but then he would push her away-practicing for when he gets older, I guess...). It was so cute. This past weekend, we got to go to the aviary in Salt Lake with our good friends, the Hurtado's! That was enjoyable, although I don't know how much Kaden cared about the birds-he just likes watching people. :) Sunday we went to the Weber State fireworks with the Colton's (well, we tagged along with them and their friends) and, much to my surprise, Kaden LOVED the fireworks. I was worried he would freak out, but he enjoyed the light show and staying up WAY past his bedtime. :) Sorry about sooo many pictures...it's so hard to choose just one.

Aunt Karen, cousin Jessica, and little Sophia
Sophia hugging Kaden (one of the many times..)
At the aviary-Halle feeding the ducks while Kaden watches Halle and Jared.
Halle chasing down a goose to make sure it gets food, too.
We call Emily the bird whisperer Halle being brave and feeding the birds!
Shane and Kaden at the fireworks. We had so much fun! What a great summer so far!

3 comments:

Angel said...

I love all the pictures. Don't apologize! Looks like you're having a blast.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Like books, I like reading blogs with pictures. Kaden wasn't the only one who stayed up WAY past his bedtime. I was surprised you didn't zonk out at the fireworks yourself. lol

The Porter Family said...

I am glad everyone likes all the pictures! I am glad I managed to stay up past my bedtime, too. :) It was rough! lol

About Our Family