Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Milestones

This past Sunday, July 13th, Kaden stood ALL by himself for at least 10 seconds!! We got a couple of videos of it, but by the time I grabbed the camera, he was tired of standing so he cries the whole time. We will get a video when he is happy and post it then. For now, just stare at the picture for about 10 seconds and then you will feel like you were there. :)

I know it looks like he is holding onto something that I photoshopped out, but trust me, he's not. I am not nearly that good with computers.
Catch me Daddy!!

Also on Sunday, Kelly (Colton) gave us some of her world famous homemade Oreo cookies. She gave us a smaller one for Kaden, although I told her that he can't have chocolate until he is one year old. So, I put it on the table to save for Shane and I until later. Well, Shane and I were watching some really funny videos on youtube when all of a sudden, we look at Kaden and see him covered in the Oreo cookie! He had managed to get it from the middle of the table and was VERY much enjoying himself. I figured the damage was done as far as the "no chocolate" rule, so I grabbed the camera! Shane spilled a glass of water in his haste to get the cookie away from Kaden so that is what Kaden is looking at. It was a really funny moment. :)

3 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

He knew whose cookie it was. :) I'm glad he enjoyed it. It looks like he ate a lot of it before you caught him. Just remember there are worse things he could have been eating, like bugs. Although recently he almost tried one of those too. :)

Kristin said...

I don't blame him, those homemade Oreos are the best! You should start a little journal for him and write that story in there. He would love to read stuff like that when he's older! What a sweet little boy!

The Porter Family said...

Yes, he did know whose cookie it was! :) haha Those cookies are delicious!

About Our Family