Saturday, October 4, 2008

Birthday pictures!

Ok, ok, I know this happened like 3 weeks ago, but I have been a bit busy. Anyway, now that I have a minute, I will post the pics from Kaden's first birthday party that I know you all have been breathlessly awaiting. There are tons, so enjoy! We had a BBQ first, but didn't get any pictures of that since I was running around like a chicken with my head chopped off. P.S. A HUGE thank you to Kelly for letting us use her camera for the day (also for all the help she gave me in setting up...) and also thanks to Suzanna for being the photographer and going picture crazy. It's her fault there are so many pics on here...she gave me a ton to choose from and I am indecisive. :)

Lots of presents! Kaden really couldn't have cared less until the actual presents came out, then he just wanted to play with them-not open more. :)
Look close at Kaden's face-so random and cute! lol

Our friend's daughter, Halle. She was so interested in the gifts! I should have let her open the presents since Kaden didn't want to.

Halle and Kaden checking out the Elmo in the Tub toy.

These are a little out of order, but I wanted to save the cake pictures for last. So, after Kaden had his cake, we had brownies and ice cream for everyone! Here are Shane and Stephanie (it was Stephanie and her hubby's new home we were at...) dishing up the goodies.

Shane's mom and sister getting their dessert.

Some of our family that came-sorry to anyone that is not in the pictures! There were a lot of people there so don't be offended if you are not on here. :)

More guests-some of my side of the family.

Eating the yummy brownies and ice cream...mmmm...

Cake time!! I, uh...helped him blow out the candle. Ok, so I am the one that did it, but I am sure his wish still counted!

A shot of the cake. I didn't miss a spot when frosting it-that's where the candle was...

Kaden going for the cake. You think he's totally going for it, right? He's concentrating....going for it...

And then he just wants the frosting that barely got on his fingertips. Nice...

Shane trying to help Kaden dig in. I am a weird mom and wanted my kid to get really dirty and have to hose him down...

This was the biggest (and only) real bite he took-YAY!

Kaden kept crawling over to a spoon nearby so we thought he would dig in better with a spoon. We got him a clean spoon and I got a big scoop of cake. He took a tiny piece off the spoon-very politely-what a kid....I swear I don't know who raised him. I always thought my kid would be a pig and dive head first into his cake-oh well.

CAKE FACE! All done!

Mom and Kaden

No comments:

About Our Family