Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Talk about your dumb blonde moments...

So, even though I posted a buttload of cute pictures in my last post, I didn't get nearly as many comments on it as I did on my embarrassing story post! I am surprised by this, but I guess if people like random, embarrassing stories...I've got a ton of 'em! So, here's another one and I SWEAR it is true: So, in the Spring of 2006, Shane and I had been married for about a year. I should explain that I was taking three English classes that semester (and aceing them all-I know, I suck) plus a random one I can't remember. I had finished working out at the school gym one day and went to the testing center to take a test last minute I had spaced (of course). As I was walking in, this guy with hair like Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale walked up to me and started talking to me. I thought he looked vaguely familiar and he started asking questions about a quiz. The conversation went like this (I will call him Heath...):
Heath: So, how did you do on that last quiz?
Me: (totally faking like I knew what he was talking about, but having NO clue whatsoever) Uh..okay I guess. (which was a total lie, but he didn't need to know I aced all my English tests...)
Heath: Oh sweet, well, so, I was wondering if I could get your number?
(At this point I remember him from one of my English classes and realize he knows how well I do in the class and is asking for my number to get tutoring from me...)
Me: Yeah, sure, no problem. It's (insert my old cell # here-I don't remember it).
Heath: Okay thanks. So....I guess I'll see you in class tomorrow, huh?
Me: Yup! See you then! (With way too much enthusiasm)
After this scene, I go take my test and then go home to Shane. I tell him what happened with Heath at the Testing Center. That is when this conversation took place:
Shane: (Not at all mad-trying not to laugh, actually) You gave him your number?!?! You're MARRIED!
Me: (Very confused) Well, yeah, but it's okay because he just needs help in the class.
Shane: (laughing....hard) Loretta--he was HITTING ON YOU!! (more hysterical laughter)
Me: (unbelieving) Whatever-no he wasn't! I looked AND smelled like I just came from the gym-plus I had my ring on! He really just needs help with English!
Shane: (still, of course, laughing) Um, maybe you haven't realized, but guys aren't always the most observant...he probably didn't see your ring. He was hitting on you!
Me: (panicky) Are you kidding me?! You can't be serious!! Why would he do that?! I looked so gross!
Shane: (very amused) Apparently not.
Me: CRAP! What do I do if he calls?!
Shane: Uh-tell him you are married!
Needless to say, Shane made fun of me for the rest of the night (and still does if this is brought up). Luckily, Heath never called that night. The next day in class, I made sure to talk VERY loudly to the girl next to me (after Heath came in and sat in front of me) about my wedding anniversary and the plans Shane and I had for that. Thankfully, Heath never even looked at me again.
P.S. In my own defense, this was my first time (in my life) being hit on. Seriously! Ask anyone I went to high school with-I was always the one making the first move with guys so I had NO clue what it was like to be hit on. And an update-I haven't given my number out to any other guys since then!

2 comments:

Pearce Family said...

That is a funny story. I am doing good. How are you doing? I can't believe that you are due in 8 weeks with your 2nd baby. That is so cool.

The Frosts said...

LOL That is hilarious! But don't worry I always have dumb blonde moments. It stinks. By the way, yes the wedding will be in Utah. In the Mt. Timpanogos temple. It will be soon but I will let you know how soon.

About Our Family