Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Random story...

For those of you who know me, you know that there is nothing I love better than a random story, both telling them and hearing them. SO, here is a funny one for ya:
Shane and I have been researching homes a LOT the last few months. Shane is really picky about the price and area and the features (which is good...just something you need to know). I was looking on KSL.com today at the homes listed for sale by owner, like I often do, and I found one for a good price, but the address wasn't listed. So, I called the # which ended up being the # for the Realtor, Scott. I asked him what the address is, how many bedrooms and baths it has, etc. and he said he could e-mail me the details and also would send over another home that he has listed that fits what we are looking for as well. I thought this was so great! I waited very impatiently and about 10 minutes later I get an e-mail from him with a website to check out with these two properties listed. The Realtor Shane and I have sends us to this website all the time, so I was familiar with it. Anyway, the first home listed was UGLY and not in the best area, so I knew Shane wouldn't even look at it. I wanted to forward the email on to Shane at work so he could take a look at the good home. Sometimes at his work, he can't open up links in emails, so I wrote a note and said basically that "there are two homes listed, but don't look at the first one because it is butt ugly and in a bad area." I pushed send and a half a second later looked at who I was sending it to...it was SCOTT! THE REALTOR!! I freaked out and tried to stop the email from sending, but our internet is too fast for me. I was horrified that I just called his properties butt ugly and logged off FAST. I called Shane and told him what had happened. He, of course, laughed at me (like any good hubby would). I calmed down and decided I shouldn't just ignore the issue. I got back online and emailed the realtor an apology note and told him I meant to send it to Shane. I felt better and hoped he wouldn't be mad at me. A little bit later, I got an email back from him saying:
"That was the best laugh I have had all day. no need to apologize. You
are right. I am just the salesperson. I don't get to pick the homes.
Let me know if I can help. "
WHEW! That was a relief. And a little bit after that, I got another email from him with another home to view. It said: "A cuter home in a better area." I learned my lesson: always check who you are sending things to BEFORE you send them!

10 comments:

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

Loretta, thanks for the laugh. I thought that was such a funny story. That's is definitely something I would do.

The Porter Family said...

Lol Me, too. :)

The Boehme Family said...

My sister-in-law sent a text message about the boy she liked TO the boy she liked on accident. Thanks for sharing your funny, yet very unfortunate story.

Steph said...

Oh my goodness, I just did this!! But AT WORK!! TO MY BOSS!! I was emailing Sky back and forth at work and instead replied on an email that my boss had written. I didn't even realize that I had done it until I got an email from my boss with a smiley face on it. Luckily I hadn't said anything about my job or anything, oh my gosh, I was so embarrassed and scared that I was going to get fired!! Thanks for that story, loved it!! :)

wallis said...

That was great! And you tell it so well! Too, thanks for the laugh.

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

I would have to say this was my laugh of the day as well..=) You are to funny.

Kristin said...

Ha ha, that is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Jorgensen Bunch said...

That is hilarious!!! Totally made my day:D

The Porter Family said...

:D I am glad everyone enjoyed my embarrassing story! I am even more glad that others can relate! lol

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That is so funny!! lol I don't know what I would have done. I bet you made the realtor's day. hehe I'm still laughing.;)

About Our Family