Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'll be missin' you

I feel like all I've blogged about lately are doctor's office visits. *Yawn*

I thought long and hard about what else I could post (since my life is hecka boring right now) and came up with this cute story for you:

I taught the CTR 4 class (the kids who are 4 turning 5 this year) for almost a year. They recently released me because of Ariana. A couple of weeks before that happened, though, a family in our ward moved out. Their adorable little boy, Ben, was in my class and during his last Sunday in class, everyone was coloring and he was telling me about his grandparent's house that they were moving closer to. Suddenly, he got really quiet, turned to me and with a completely straight face said,
"You are soooooooo gonna miss me."


I cannot even tell you how hard I was laughing (and the other teacher in there was, too). It was absolutely the best comment I have ever heard and I will never forget that kid.

I let him know he was right. I knew I would sooooooo miss him. ;)
I told his dad about his comment after class that day and he was just like, "Oh, geez. That kid." But he was totally laughing, too. I miss all my kiddos in that class. They were so stinkin' adorable. If you ever want to hear the cutest prayer ever, ask a 4 year old to pray for you.

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I agree, little kids prayers are the best. I'm sure you were an awesome teacher and he probably misses you too.

About Our Family