Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New 'do

Remember I told you how awesome my mom is? Well, I was complaining, venting, talking to her about how horribly hot our house is (no A/C, plus pregnancy, PLUS long, thick hair). She surprised me a few days later with a letter in the mail that just so happened to have some cash with it for a haircut. :) She said that all women, but especially pregnant women, should feel good about themselves and not die of heat stroke in their own homes. (I'm paraphrasing...)
I LOVE HER!
I got a haircut tonight!!

So, here ya go:
(Just so you know, no matter what type of camera Shane has, his pictures will always be blurry...sorry for the blur!)

Before...

And after!
I ended up taking over the camera phone when Shane couldn't get a shot that wasn't blurry. Sorry it's dark, too. It was really late when I took it so there was no light coming in from outside to help. Anyway, the stylist did it beach-wavy and I love it, but it looks good straightened, too. Not the best pic, but I love my new haircut!! Shane loves it, too. :) AND the stylist thinned my super thick hair out a TON and it's SO much nicer now!!! Cooler......lighter....ahhh.

Thanks again mom!! MWAH!

P.S. I WILL post a better pic.....sometime. :)

P.P.P.S.S.S.S. No comments about pregnancy weight! I swear it's coming off just as soon as I can start exercising again!

Edited to add:
Ok, here is a pic from this morning. Ignore the "I'm-still-waking-up" face. This is after I straightened it.....in LESS THAN 10 MINUTES!! Probably closer to 5!! AHH!! I LOVE IT!

So this lets you see the cut a little better. With how thin my hair is now, it won't be a big deal at all to do it the beach-wavy way that I love, too. :D Before, that would take a minimum of 30 minutes to do. I bet I could do it in 10 or less now. :D

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

It's perfect and you look great! Beach-wavy looks good on you. Maybe it's a sign that you should live by the beach. I have been dying to cut my hair off too. Mostly because I hate doing it. Your mom is awesome.

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Love your new cut! I wish I had hair that was thick enough to pull it off. I looked great over the weekend and I love the the barely wavy look.

About Our Family