Monday, September 20, 2010

NOT slacking!

This is my 199th post! WOO!

I really haven't been slacking. I think of things everyday that I could blog about, but I'm trying to save my 200th post for when Ari finally comes. So, this one will probably be a bit long and random, but you know the next post will have an adorable baby girl in it! :D

Let's see...to start off with...

We moved Kaden to a twin sized bed (which he LOVES) and moved Lexi to a toddler bed. Ari won't be in the crib for a couple of months, but Lexi is more than ready to be in the toddler bed. She liked playing on it a lot, but when that first bedtime came, she was scared and just wanted me to hold her. She did just fine, though, and is now totally in love with her new bed. Plus, she also loves not having to wait for someone to come get her when she wakes up. She just jumps out of bed with her blanket and teddy bear and comes out all smiles. Yay!

Lexi also has a total of 12 teeth now!! She had 8 for the longest time so I'm glad the others finally decided to make their appearance. :)

Shane found out that his last day at his job will be the 30th (of this month). Basically, his company is hurting financially (dang economy) and he is the top paid debt collector, so he was the first to go. Awesome timing, right? We have just been job hunting like crazy and keeping the faith that something will work out. Heavenly Father wouldn't "bless" us with a THIRD child and then not let us be able to take care of her. Anyway, if you know of anyone needing a computer nerd, let me know. :D

As for me, I am FINALLY 37 WEEKS!! Full term!! YAY! This past Friday (the 17th) I was having contractions all day so we went into the hospital at night. They monitored me and called Kathy (my midwife). Legally, they have to do everything in their power to stop labor if I'm not 37 weeks. I was 37 weeks on Sunday....and this was the Friday beforehand. Awesome, huh? So, they gave me a morphine shot in my hip (I didn't even know you could give morphine to a pregnant woman!) and that slowed the contractions down enough to stop labor. Dang it!
SO FREAKING CLOSE!! I had an appointment today and Kathy said that she really thought I would go on Friday and she was surprised that the morphine had worked on me. For those of you who like TMI, I am at a 3 and 50% effaced! Last Tuesday at my appointment, I was at a 1 and not at all effaced, so I love seeing some progress. :) I was at a 3 on Friday at the hospital, but still not effaced at all. Anyway, we're oh-so-slowly getting there. I am just ready to sleep on my stomach again!!!

Speaking of sleeping, I was hurting so much last night that I ended up getting exactly three hours of sleep. THE. WHOLE. NIGHT. Yeah. It wasn't contractions, though, just this sharp, stabbing pain. I asked Kathy about it at my appointment and she said that since Ariana is sitting so incredibly low, she is most likely hitting certain ligaments and nerves anytime she moves her head, which is what is causing the sharp pains.
Good times, good times.
I complained to Kathy about not getting any sleep and she gave me drugs!! Have I mentioned in the last five minutes just how much I love her?! She gave me Ambien and the pharmacist told me to not walk around after taking it because it works REALLY fast and I would literally collapse in the middle of the floor. So, I get to take it, then go straight to bed. :D I can handle that!

I am all scheduled to be induced on October 4th (IF I make it that far), so I should be able to do my 200th post no later than around then! :) However, Shane is determined that I won't make it past this weekend.

That means there will be lots o' lovin' going on around the Porter household. ;) haha

6 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

From Ariana's ultrasound picture she already looks like your other kiddos to me. :) She will be adorable... and here soon! How is the job hunt going? :(

hoLLY said...

wow!! you guys have tons going on! how exciting for baby #3..I love her name that was one that we liked too! what an adorable family you have!
ps good luck with the job hunting!

Ludlows said...

Good luck. I hope you go early (it sounds like you wouldn't mind :)

Jamee said...

WAHOO, you're almost there. So excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures.

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Hang in there! I'm routing for 10/1/10. That would be soooooo awesome to have a birthday like that. Anyway good luck with the job search - wish I had connections!

Erin said...

ahem it's Oct 5, still waiting to hear lol I know she's probably here I am just excited for you!

About Our Family