Friday, September 3, 2010

A quarter of a century

Where on earth did August go?!

This post is a bit late, but that's because someone forgot to tell me August was going to fly by.

August 18th I turned 25 years old. *sniff*

I said goodbye to youth and started looking for gray hairs. haha Totally kidding. I did all of that when I first had Kaden (at 22 years old).

We did our usual tradition (that I really like, so don't hate) of going to Red Robin (they give you a free meal!) then to Cold Stone (they give you a free Like It size ice cream!). :) We also added going to our friend's house after where I had the BEST double chocolate chip cookies EVER.
Thanks Kelly!

Before I show you a couple of pics from this year's festivities, I just want to point something out to get some sympathy....

August 18, 2007-8 months preggers with Kaden

August 18, 2008-5 months preggers with Lexi (see how flippin' chubby my face is?!)

See the pillow blocking my tummy? I am always trying to cover myself-even when I'm pregnant.

August 18, 2009-NOT PREGGERS!! (But still obviously trying to lose baby weight from two kids in a row)

August 18, 2010-7 1/2 months preggers with Ariana. Massively huge. (Great paint job, Kelly!)

Isn't that so sad/pathetic?! 3 out of the last 4 birthdays I've had, I've been with child. Can't a girl get a break?! But, it does give me an excuse to eat all the cake I want, right? haha

Ok, just had to get that off my chest. Now, here are a couple pics from this year's outing:

Somehow the kids must have known it was my birthday. They were SO well behaved ALL day and were holding hands the whole way to Red Robin. :)

This is how Lexi eats grilled cheese. haha She loves being a big girl and using a fork/spoon with anything and everything she eats.

Here she is trying to share with the people sitting behind us. Such a giver...

She's so stinkin' cute!

We usually just get water when we go out to eat cause we are not big soda drinkers. (I am seriously obsessed with lemon water.) But I got a strawberry lemonade that day and may or may not have had at least three glasses of it.... It was SO good and I didn't even realize I was craving it until I saw the picture on the menu. Yummmm.....

The Sunday after my birthday, some friends invited us over for dinner. What they didn't tell me (Shane knew) was that it was a birthday celebration for me! Their whole family (who have adopted us as one of their own) was there and we had a GREAT meal followed by YUMMY cake and ice cream!

You can tell how happy I am about having my picture taken while eating.

Besides my wedding cake (that I paid for), I have never had someone go to all the trouble of making a fondant cake for me!! It was marshmallow fondant and SOOO GOOD! And SUPER cute! Kaden helped me blow out the candles. :)

It was such a fun birthday this year and I hope and pray I am not ever pregnant again (including on my birthday). :D

2 comments:

Jamee said...

You are awesome. Just so ya know. :)

Ludlows said...

Happy (late) Birthday!

About Our Family