Monday, July 9, 2012

Family Reunion

June 8-10th was my family reunion (my mom's side of the family, Ozminski).  We went to Bear Lake and stayed in my cousin's timeshare condo's again (we did that at the last reunion, two years ago, in St. George and it worked out so nicely).  We only have reunions every other year, which is too bad because I really love my Ozminski family.

In front of the building we all met in for meals.
 After dinner Friday night, my mom had gotten a murder mystery thing for everyone to do.  It was fun, and I just gotta say, I was totally awesome.  I think most people in my family forget I did drama all through Jr High and High School.  My character had hired a guy to torch another person's business, but I had everyone convinced that I was innocent and the guy lit his own place on fire for the insurance money.  Everyone was shocked at the end when I confessed.  mwahahaha

Lexi and Kaden on the Murphy bed.

Ari on a blowup mattress.
 Our timeshare only had one bedroom, so all of the kids were in the front room.  That lasted about 30 minutes.  The girls were jumping from one bed back to the other over and over again.  They both got doses of children's Benedryl and then Ari ended up on a bed of blankets on the floor of our room, Lexi was on the blowup mattress, and Kaden got the Murphy bed.  Seriously a nightmare to have them all in the same room.  Well, at least the girls.

The next day, we had some time to kill after breakfast, but before the treasure hunt, so we went to an RV park and used their playground (there was a sign saying only camping customers could use it, but no one else was there and there were only four RV's there, so I said it was fine).  :)





Lexi just randomly decided she should be the designated pusher for everyone.  :)

Ari joined in and tried her hardest to push Shane.  hahahaha

Kaden found a rollie pollie!

He and Lexi fought over whose turn it was to hold the bug.



My aunt and uncle brought their jet skis from Colorado.  It was waaay too cold for the little kids to use them in the lake, but they still wanted to sit on them.

Lexi, McKayla, and Taliyah

After the treasure hunt, the kids took naps and we decided since it was way too cold to play in the lake, we'd go see the Paris Ice Cave that my uncle Aaron had talked up.  I asked him if it was okay for kids as young as mine and he said, "Oh, yeah.  Definitely."  I'm just gonna tell you right now: he lied.

After an hour drive up a freakin' mountain, we finally got there:


Headed into the cave.
 We all started to go in, and then realized it's one big sheet of solid ice.  There was no way I could hold my kids and keep them from falling when I was pretty sure I would be falling.  A couple of the boys (including Shane) ventured in, so I let the kids play on the rocks to kill time.


My cute grandma.
My mom watching the kids so, so carefully.


A four generation photo!  My grandma, Kent (my mom's husband), my mom, Denise, Me, Ari, and Kaden and Lexi at the bottom.
 The view wasn't too bad to look at while we waited...

FYI, don't ever bother with the Ice Caves.  SOO not worth it!  Especially with young kids.  Shane brought back some pictures of the inside and all it is, is a whole lotta ice.  Looks like my front yard in any normal winter.  Really, seriously, don't waste your time and gas money.

Earlier in the day, Ari had decided to step from the curb to the parking lot without any help, and landed on her head.  It didn't look too bad until we were up at the ice caves...then it really started to bruise.

It went clear back into her hairline.  :(
 Saturday evening we all just relaxed.  Sunday morning we met up for breakfast in my grandma and grandpa's condo (which happened to be right next to ours).  They had the fireplace going and we all had hot chocolate.  It was so, so cold that weekend.

Ari and Kaden playing with Kent.

My Uncle Elden (a really amazing dentist who moved from Cali to Colorado), my grandma and grandpa Oz.

Me and Lexi!
 It was a really fun weekend and so good to see all of my out-of-state relatives!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We love Bear Lake! I vaguely remember the Paris Ice Cave. We went there when I was about 11 years old. I just remember there being a ton of rocks to climb over so yes, not the best place for small children. Looks like a fun vacation/reunion.

About Our Family