Sunday, July 1, 2012

Talk

I'm still alive.  :)  The house stuff keeps getting pushed further and further back, but (finally!) they told us that the LATEST we'll be moving is July 16th!  Could be before then, but the way things have been going, I'm not holding my breath.  

Anyway, before I forget, I want to post about Lexi's very first primary talk today!
(This might be more for my own record than for entertainment, but thanks for reading if you still are.)

Her talk was on modesty, so I went the "my body is a temple" route.  She's been obsessed with temples for about 6 months (maybe more) so I had to practice with her at home so that she wouldn't get up there and I tell her to say, "My body is a temple..." and she giggles and says, "No it's not!  Silly mom!"

Anyway, the primary president said for the talk to be 1-2 minutes long.  Perfect!

Here was her talk:

Our bodies are temples where the Holy Spirit can dwell.
Heavenly Father wants us to dress modestly.
When you get dressed, ask yourself, “Would I feel comfortable with my appearance if I were in the Lord’s presence?”
It makes Heavenly Father happy when we listen to Him and obey His commandments.
I love Jesus and President Monson.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

There was also a picture of the Salt Lake temple (her favorite) that she held up, as well as a picture of Jesus surrounded by (modestly) dressed children.  She did great (with me prompting her, of course) until the very end.  Here's what happened:

Me (whispering to her): "I love Jesus."
Lexi (VERY loudly into the microphone): "I LOVE YOU, JESUS!!"

I was dying laughing (along with all the teachers) and hurried to finish.  I told her, "In the name," expecting her to finish it, but instead she just said, "Amen!" haha

She did a great job and loved every second of being the center of attention.  ;)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Too cute! I love listening to the kid talks. Way to go Lexi!

Halley said...

ooo a house! I am so jealous! And yay for primary talks! :-)

About Our Family