Monday, July 9, 2012

Zoo

I figure since it's July, I should probably finish up my May posts.  ;)  My goal this week will be to finish up May and maybe get into June.  *sigh*  Is school over yet?

Alright, so Monday, May 28th was Memorial Day and our friend, Steph, was still in town visiting.  She took us all to the zoo!  Ari had never been, so I was excited for her to finally go there.


Ari LOVED the monkeys.  She would just cry and scream when we had to go.


Lexi said, "Look!  A skunk!!"  haha

Steph and Lexi looking at the elephant.

Shane, Ari, and Kaden

Well, hello, Mr. Rhino.

I said, "Look at the wolf!"  Kaden and Lexi were like, "What's a wolf?"  So, Shane said, "Look for the dog."  The kids were like, "OOHH!  I see it!"  haha

Checking out the tiger.
 Speaking of tigers, one of the tigers was in a MOOD when we were there.  It kept bugging the other one until the other one would fight with it.  It went on for about 10 minutes (Shane got the fighting on video..maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to get it from his smartphone to my computer because it's a cool video to watch).  Finally, the third tiger (maybe the mom or older brother or something) came along and broke up the fight.  

"Get away from me!"

"You're asking for it..."

Momma tiger, "Alright, kids, that's enough."


Ari's next favorite were the baby meerkats.  Seriously SO stinkin' cute!  They were just so, so tiny!

The momma with her babies.

Ari cried and screamed again when we left the babies.

More monkeys.

A rare picture of me on the blog...
 For lunch, we had a picnic with PB&J sandwiches.

Steph and Lexi

Ari was starving!

Kaden was mad that I made him eat an entire half of his sandwich before he could have Cheetos.  It worked, though!  :)





Ari's hand next to a gorilla's print.

The gorilla came walking up a couple of minutes after we got there.  He then proceeded to poop, and EAT IT in front of everyone.  SO, SO NASTY!  He just shot everyone a look like, "What ya gonna do about it losers?"
 I hate birds, so we went to the other animal show.



This girl had to be new because she said, "Umm..." a whole lot.
 The kids got to pet the iguana and a rabbit after the show.  They loved that.

Then it was time for the train!
Waiting...





After a fun (short!) train ride, it was play time!

Kaden LOVED this slide.  I mean, LOVED it!



Lexi finally got brave enough to go down the snake slide.  She liked it, but only went one more time.

On the way out of the zoo, Auntie Steph bought the kids stuffed animals:
 
Kaden chose a snake (because of the slide).

Ari wanted a pink monkey.

And Lexi didn't care too much what she got as long as it was pink.  ;)

As soon as Ari fell asleep, Lexi stole her pink monkey (so she could have two), and then fell asleep with both.
 It was a really fun day!! 
Thank you Auntie Steph!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I've heard that gorillas do that but thankfully I've never had to witness it. Sick!! I love Ari's picture in front of the gorilla cut out. She is such a cheeser! :)

About Our Family